Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Trip To Grandma's House - 22nd January

Managing to keep to Perth time and get out of bed around 8:30am. Can't get the boy to bed until around 11:30 and he is still bouncing off the walls at this stage. He is full of beans and quite excited to be with Grandma and Grandpa.

Today Yu-Jin and I went for a walk around South Terrace in Bordertown and had a look at some of the wildlife. There were bullants, which particularly bothered the young fellow as he thought that they wanted to bite him, an egg that must have fallen from the tree quite some time ago but was still intact, a hive of bees and we also collected three cans. Yu-Jin was quite excited about collecting the cans. I told him that they are worth money and so he really wants to go for a walk with Grandpa and myself.

I spent a great deal of the day cleaning out my wardrobe. It has been a few years since I've been home and I was particularly searching for my squash racquet - need to get rid of the gut I have grown. Quite a bit of stuff got thrown out and I grabbed some toys to give to Yu-Jin. No luck finding the racquet but I did manage to get lots of stamps from the old letters I had been saving.

Although today is my mother's birthday, we were celebrating my sister's 30th (actually tomorrow) at the Keith Motel. The boss was away and so they hadn't maintained our booking and when we got there there wasn't a table for eight set aside. No matter, as the number of people frequenting the dining area was minimal. I didn't hold out much hope for our meal when our waitress couldn't even take our drinks order properly. And she seemed to be writing it down. I don't know why but she didn't appreciate my order of a chocolate milkshake as a drink. Well, it isn't exactly a meal is it? At Hungry Jacks that is another story.

Yu-Jin ordered the same food as his cousins Lachlan and Riley, my Mum had the same meal as my sister, Dad had the same as my B-I-L Pete, and I had something completely different (Jumping ahead a bit, but, Deb, Pete and Riley were all sick the following day).

Can't say I thought too much of the food. It was there, could be eaten, but it wasn't of the best quality. Much better value, and tastier food, could be gained at Siena's in Perth.

We went back to my sister's place and had the cake - a black forest cake. Yu-Jin had been helping Mum make this the day before. Nearly needed the fire brigade as there were so many candles on it! (I don't think that my sister reads this so I can write what I like) All of the boys, Dad and myself played outside - kicking the footy and throwing a tennis ball around. Riley threw the ball into Yu-Jin's eye and got some dirt in it. Needless to say, Yu-Jin wasn't too impressed. But, the boys did have a good time together. I did have two pieces of cake as I realised that it would be staying at my sister's house and I wouldn't see any more of it otherwise.





Yu-Jin and his cousin Lachlan

No comments: