Tuesday, July 12, 2005

How Hard Is It To Cook Tacos?

This is the question on everyone's lips.

Monday. My night for cooking as I get home earliest. The wife arrives. "What are you cooking?" she asks. The taco shells are sitting on the cutting table. "Why don't you try something simpler?" she adds.

Simpler? Easier? Than tacos? What is so difficult about preparing tacos? Brown some mince and onion before adding taco mixture and some grated carrot. Have side dishes of chopped lettuce and grated carrot and cheese ready. Warm taco shells in pre-heated oven. I think my culinary skills can handle making tacos. Not only is it a simple task but within half an hour everything is ready. And as the spices and flavourings are taken care of it does taste nice.

When I went to America, Taco Bell had a lunchtime special. You could have 12 tacos for $2.95. Let me tell you, I was down at Taco Bell every day for lunch. Their tacos were delicious and I was quite annoyed when the lunchtime special finished just before my stay in Reno was done.

Try something simpler indeed.

6 comments:

NewYorkMoments said...

Why is a posting about tacos preceeded by a posting about farting?

Hammy said...

Coincidence only, I assure you. Nice pic.

Anonymous said...

Why were you 'cooking' Tacos? Just being lazy or was the cupboard bare?

Hammy said...

Tacos taste great and are very healthy eating. Besides, my culinary skills perhaps aren't what they should be.

lori said...

i think you did well..

time to graduate to acapulco annies and see how they make their tacos.. mind you, you'd find em expensive, but they're a great night - and they do have happy hour drinks :P

half price pina coladas in a caraf

Hammy said...

Ay carumba! I just checked the Website and the prices. http://www.acapulcoannies.com/ Not for the faint-hearted, or spending-challenged.