Monday, July 04, 2005

Don't Try This At Home... Or On The Street

This had to be the dumbest thing that I saw on the weekend, real life or TV. Whilst driving along Albany Highway yesterday to go out for lunch (Hey, I'm not losing it- the missus paid) I noticed several youths surrounding a bus stop. They all had a skateboard and there was one idiot on top of the bus shelter. We are talking a 2m high construction situated next to a very busy 3-lane highway. I noticed through the rear vision mirror that he just make the jump off the top on his skateboard. Unfortunately he didn't roll onto the highway and get squashed by a truck as could quite conceivably have happened.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Makes for a good video to watch on the Internet though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make up your mind, are you for it or agin it? Idiots like these have been hanging off the back of buses and scaring the life out of drivers and passengers alike for years. They obviously do not value their lives or anyone else's. Pillocks!

Hammy said...

Point taken. I guess we have to let idiots be idiots somewhere so that we can laugh at the videos that they make. If the skateboarder had done it in a less public place where the only danger he would have experienced was a broken bone then I wouldn't have been so critical. That is unless he damaged the bus shelter.

Did I mention that I have a great video of some idiot skateboarding from a very high roof and hurting himself at the bottom?