Saturday, July 30, 2005

As a Foreign Minister He Makes a Good Singer

Of course, I'm referring to Alexander Bummer, er Downer. Australia signed a non-aggression pact to become a member of ASEAN and Mr Downer did a great job of singing in public. It wasn't quite karaoke as he had some cards to remember the words and not an autocue. But I think that he has far more talent as a singer than he ever will as Minister for Foreign Affairs.

I was quite surprised in fact. Perhaps we will get some very important trading concessions with our closest neighbours, whether they like it or not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he sang, I remember the last time he sang.. I am surprised the others signed a non aggression pact with the man, based on his singing.. I'd become very aggressive!

Hammy said...

Ha ha ha!!

Anonymous said...

it is unfortunate that Dicko isn't on Australian Idol. I prefer him to Mark, but I know he would say: "I'm sorry you won't make it to Sydney!"

Anonymous said...

Have you used DHL or UPS or similar services?

Are they any better?

Hammy said...

We use DHL at work and they seem reasonably good - although we don't use them for courier services within Australia - only when we send overseas.