Saturday, August 13, 2005

Cold, Wet and Miserable

And the weather isn't much better either. Well, I'm not miserable. But the weather has really turned into Winter. Plenty of rain and it wasn't too warm today. I stayed up to watch the cricket last night so I didn't drag myself out of bed until after 9am. Had to get my arse into gear as I was going to a friend's house, you may know him - Ben, for lunch. That meant having to start the washing and do the shopping. And then I had a couple of days worth of dishes to do before heading out.

Ben's wife made a lovely curry for lunch for us and her cousin. Quite different to the type of curry that is eaten in Asia. We had a good discussion over lunch and it is interesting that all of the adults at lunch have, or are, attending Curtin University. Three of us even did IT or IS so we had the same lecturers.

I got to see their new house which will give them a bit of work to do when they have the time for renovations. Being an open-plan layout it is difficult to keep it warm. I know the relief in having your own place though.

After lunch I made some popcorn and luckily it is one of the few things that I can cook well. It went down a treat. Ben's youngest daughter speaks a lot more than Yu-Jin did at that age. And she feeds herself. My boy, you could learn from her.

Ben was a bit worried about what we should talk about as we are both bloggers. He needn't have bothered. It was great to catch up with some of my friends and see that they are doing ok.

No comments: