Friday, September 16, 2005

Pizza Night

As I was driving home last night a hankering for pizza overcame me. At the traffic lights I pulled my big, fat wallet out (gee I have a lot of business and loyalty cards) and desperately searched for a Dominos Pizza coupon. And it was not to be found. But I knew that I had one.

Upon arriving home I found the voucher quite quickly. By this time didn’t feel like eating pizza all alone so I rang my friend Ben to see what he and his family were doing for tea. He hadn’t decided yet and he was going to do the cooking anyway. So Ben put his order in for Roast Garlic and Olive Supreme and off I choofed to the pizza shop.

It was nice to sit down with someone and chat about heaps of things that have happened recently. I guess it has been a month since I’ve seen Ben and his family although I can catch up a bit from his blog. Kids love pizza so it wasn’t a bad idea.

I don’t know what it is but Ben’s eldest daughter was crazy about having some books read to her and we got through four before I told her that I was all read out. And she bought that. Gosh, it’s been a long time since I’ve read a book to a kid.

Great to catch up and spend time with friends.

As I write this I’m listening to the techno beat of 2 Unlimited and it’s only 6:30am. Good way to start the day. “Kickstart my heart” by Motley Crue is the ultimate heart starter song though.

No comments: