Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Not The Best Way To Celebrate

I rang the missus yesterday to wish her a happy anniversary. As I suspected, she had forgotten. She should be receiving my card right about now. I guess that she doesn't know what day it is as she has so much to worry about.

Who am I to talk? I forgot that it was my parents' wedding anniversary as well. Thirty six years!! That's almost two life sentences - one each. Ha ha.

At lunch time I changed my flight to Korea. I'll be heading off in November and the ticket was A$270 less, although the taxes etc, including fuel surcharges, rose by A$45. You can't win 'em all. Now I just hope that the boss approves my new holiday timetable.

Last night I went off to play some volleyball. I had received a flyer from one of the local sporting centres and they said that the season was already underway but that they still required extra players. It was mixed volleyball where there had to be a minimum of two women on the team and the only players they were short of were women. So there was no need for me to be there and I didn't get a game. Not that I had a chance to embarress myself but maybe I am one of those sportsmen who was good at sports.

Not the best way to celebrate the anniversary. Bugger. Feeling a bit lonely.

12 comments:

NewYorkMoments said...

Have some drinks to dull the pain.

Anonymous said...

Since Hammy does not take in alcoholic drinks, what drink would dull the pain?

a. water
b. milk
c. fruit juice

Hammy said...

Soft drink is the only thing for it.

NewYorkMoments said...

Prescription drugs?

Hammy said...

NYM - It's nice to know that you care so much that you would make some recommendations. It's nothing that a good game of golf couldn't fix. But don't tell my wife I said that.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't she read your blog?

Anonymous said...

If only you could have a 'good' game of golf! A little bird told me, you have not been playing well lately. Your father forgot our anniversary, again! No big deal. I still got taken out to lunch at the pub in Naracoorte yesterday. He really got dressed up too, Clean work shorts with holes and a clean wind cheater and work boots no less!!

Anonymous said...

Two life times, eh? Feels longer. Murderers these days don't get that long!

Hammy said...

Ma - You obviously didn't get any time off for good behaviour or you might be out already.

"Clean work shorts with holes" - Nick was right, you are a legend mum.

Ben - of course Miky doesn't read my blog. I bore her enough with my life, or should that be with our life?

Anonymous said...

Just the facts, mate, only the facts.
Can't remember who said that. Paraphrased, of course.

Hammy said...

Said by someone out of Dragnet.

Anonymous said...

If Miky is bored with her /your life, she should try mine!