Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Don't Know If He's Excited About School Starting Today...

...But the little bugger was up at 5:30 this morning. I made a move after the sports news was finished on the radio about 10 to six and he was rearing to go. Gee, he even ate his breakfast far more quickly than usual.

There goes my morning slacking-offs. No more reading or writing blogs or reading emails. Once I feel well again I'll be able to go for a walk in the morning though. After brekkie I got Yu-Jin to empty and sort the rubbish and the recycling. He had so much time left over that he watered the garden as well. I think that he is excited about seeing his friends again.

Remember to drop to 40 km/h in the school zones today, people. The Police Minister said on the radio this morning that last year they had caught a motorist doing 109 km/h in the 40 zone. Don't be an idiot on the road.

Speaking of rubbish, the rubbish collection has just started. I took a picture yesterday on the way to work. It is supposed to be household junk such as stoves, fridges, furniture etc. Make up your mind if this guy's junk could be deemed as household junk.

Household junk?

10 comments:

Ben said...

Nerds lives in this place, there's probably more computer in the house still.

Some computer shop could collect those and sell it again.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Ben. Does he repair them or wreck them? Lazy sod.

Hammy said...

If you have a close look at the pic the computers have been stripped. My point being it doesn't appear to be household junk but more business junk.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Got that. My point being, he's too lazy to take them to the dump.

Anonymous said...

why worry about the dump that you have to pay to get into, when the council will come around to your house and remove it for you!!

Hammy said...

In Bayswater the council provides the use of a skip for rubbish removal. Canning does the roadside collection. It's all calculated in your rates so as you are paying for it you should make good use of it. I took my old shed out the front this morning. Nobody is going to want to buy the old sheets of zincalume so I might as well throw them away. It would surprise me if they weren't picked up by a fossicker before the council though.

Ben said...

is your old shed still usable?

Hammy said...

If you are quick you could grab it and put it together. I dismantled it very carefully.

Ben said...

what's the size of it? I need to talk to my wife about it. I'll let you know in the afternoon.

Hammy said...

Sorry Ben. It was collected yesterday and was gone by the time I arrived home.