Saturday, June 18, 2005

Surprising Call From The Korean Embassy

There is a message on my answering machine and it was left by an employee of the Korean Embassy in Canberra. The first part of his message was in Korean so I don't know exactly what was said. Then, for some reason, he decided to add a message in English.

"Your son, or daughter, I'm not quite sure, has been added to our Birth Registry..."

I'm curious as to how they have registered my son exactly. I'd hate for him to go to school in Korea and then be enrolled in a girls' school. I suppose we had better check. What a thing for this guy to say, anyway. Miky said that he told her off when she didn't use respectful words to him and spoke informally when applying for his birth to be registered. At the time she couldn't remember the words to use.

We went to the Korean video shop nearby tonight and I told Yu-Jin that we were getting Korean videos and that he had to watch them as he was now a Korean. That upset him a little bit as he isn't interested in them too much. Just got to pick up a passport for him and his Army papers.

Son or daughter indeed.

No comments: