Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Off Work For A Few Days And Here's Why

Warning - Not for the squeamish. Look away now if you have a weak constitution.

I've got quite a good case of tonsilitis. I judge that by the way the doctor cringed yesterday and was going, "Ooooh, aaagh." His face became rather contorted also. It was interesting when he greeted me as he felt that he had seen me before. My reply was that I did have a face that was hard to forget but, no, we hadn't met previously. When I mentioned that I hadn't been sick for quite a while he decided to check my records. That was a bit fruitless and I had informed him that this was my first visit to this clinic. No wonder he didn't find any records.

It's been a couple of years since the tonsilitis struck last but it wasn't going to stop me from attending my mate Damien's wedding. It didn't make life easy for me but it didn't stop me. I'm going to be pretty much housebound for the rest of the week.

Hammy's tonsilitis - in case my boss needs proof that I'm sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knew I should have done something about them long time ago.