Monday, April 04, 2005

A New Princess of Wales

I was expecting my mum to jump on this subject but she has remained quiet. I know that this is close to her heart.

What is the world going to think about the new Princess of Wales, Camilla? Not too much I'd guess. But there will be a lot of people who don't really care either. The Prince of Wales gets married and his wife becomes the Princess of Wales. Automatice. Nothing to argue about. Been done through the ages. It is just a title. Does it really mean anything? And if it does really mean something, are the people that it means something to being a bit too finnicky, too picky, and too involved in the meaningless life of blue bloods?

I'm on the side of the fence where I don't care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't give atinker's what she is called. I wish the media would drop the subject and get them out of my face. I knew she was entitled to have this title, just as she is automatically going to be queen, if Charles becomes king, but it won't sit well with the Diana supporters.

Nick Souter said...

Yes, I agree with Hammy's mum! Who cares what's happening in England, we've got our own royal from Tassie now, and like the Poms keep saying to us, the ball's in our court, they can't become a republic until we do, so let's get moving!

Hammy said...

Hear hear. On with the Republic. Down with the ugly non-Australian royals. I guess I did like Diana when she first appeared on the scene but Mary is so much better looking.

Mum, just wait 'til the wedding is over and until Charles says something else with no tact you won't hear too much about him. He isn't newsworthy anymore.