Saturday, April 02, 2005


I'm A True Blue Aussie

I've got meself a barbie, so I must be a true blue Aussie. Hmmm, still don't drink alcohol, not even in copious amounts. Maybe I can't consider myself to be true blue just yet.

I've never been one to adhere to convention as I bought the BBQ out of season. The rains had just come and I got this one a big cheaper than normal. The Frugal Bastard always has an eye for a bargain. Mind you, there is still a bit of BBQ weather left in Perth. The next week we will have temps in the mid to high 20s. Funny thing, the weather. Only yesterday we had a maximum of 15.4 degrees one week after hitting 41.4 degrees. Try to work that one out.

7 comments:

NewYorkMoments said...

So what's happening with the rugby union down under?

Anonymous said...

Rice with everything, eh? Don't think much of the 'plastic'? snags!

Hammy said...

Plastic snags?!?!

You have lost me there.

NYM - I have no idea what is happening in the rugby union. Not coming from a rugby state I have never followed the game. Only when the Aussies play would I bother to watch a match. Having said that, an international match is quite exciting to watch. Who do you follow?

NewYorkMoments said...

We rarely get the pleasure of watching any rugby here in the US, except sometimes on Fox Sports World we get S. Hemisphere games. Hate to admit it to an Aussi, but I'm a huge All Blacks fan.

Hammy said...

There's no accounting for poor taste!

You must be watching games from 10-15 years ago to be a fan of the All Blacks. Have they won a game in the last decade?

Anonymous said...

By 'plastic snags' I mean snags that don't have real meat in them, and have manmade skins. They have no flavour or appeal whatever.

Hammy said...

Plastic snags - I guess the missus doesn't want me to be too frugal. Obviously doesn't know me too well.

NYM - If I were you I would hate to admit to anybody that I was an All Blacks fan - never mind us Aussies!