Friday, August 06, 2004

Stick To The Automatic Son

Had to rush off in the work vehicle this afternoon. I must be too used to driving an automatic. First thing I did was look at the gear stick and make sure that it was in neutral before starting it. Put my foot on the brake, turned the ignition, and then promptly shoved it into reverse.

I completely forgot about using the clutch. Needless to say, the car didn't go too far. Whoops.

Just My Luck

I had to deliver something in the city on this run in the company vehicle. Amazingly I found a parking spot at a meter very close to the place I needed to visit. And there was five minutes remaining. Just my luck, when the company is due to pay for parking I find a free parking spot. It would never happen if I took my own car and was paying for parking.

No comments: