Monday, August 16, 2004

Brake Light Mystery Revealed

It mightn't sound like a big deal but I'm not too fond of driving at 80-100 km/h with the window wound down during winter so that I can make a hand signal when I use the brake. On Saturday morning I rang the mechanic to tell him that my brake lights had failed. He informed me that it was probably the brake light switch and that it was a simple job to replace.

Had to go to a couple of car parts stores before I found a brake light switch. Wasn't too difficult to remove it but damned hard to install the new one. Lost my temper. Kicked the car. It doesn't hurt anymore, my foot that is.

Put it back together roughly so that it would still work and took it to the mechanic. Within five minutes it was fixed. It wasn't quite put back in in the correct place.

I hate working on cars.

No comments: