Monday, December 18, 2006

Free Bus Trip To The City

Not having to make breakfast or lunch for any other household members this morning I left home a bit earlier thinking that I would catch a slightly earlier bus. But, as there was less traffic and people taking public transportation, the buses were also earlier and I missed the bus that I had been expecting to catch by about two minutes.

I needed have worried though. Another bus arrived shortly afterwards, the one that I normally catch if I am on time, and the multirider validator didn't work. The driver wasn't interested so I thought, "I'll be damned if I'm going to get some change out as I want to use the multirider service." You save 25% by purchasing 40 rides in advance so it would be a bit rude to have to pay extra because their system failed. So, I didn't have to pay for my trip in this morning. And many other travellers gained the same advantage.

I'll have to look for the same bus when I'm heading home tonight and again in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like your chances! You really are an 'Ikey Mo', aren't you?