Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Did You Catch “It Takes Two” On Sunday?

I’ve been rather critical of Kate Richie on this show, It Takes Two, where they put a trained singer together with a Channel 7 celebrity and let them sing a duet. I don’t know how she has survived for four or five weeks. Kate’s problems include trying to be too cute, looking frumpy in her dresses, not being able to dance and, most importantly, having a distinct lack of vocal talent.

Did you see her performance on Sunday night? She sang an AC/DC song – “It’s a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll”. Her outfit looked great, her dancing didn’t resemble something like a penguin and her singing was fabulous. Maybe it had something to do with the band and two bagpipes backing her and Troy Casser-Daley but it was an excellent performance. Quite unexpected, to say the least. It was so good that I had to get my AC/DC twin CDs out and play some Acka Dacka. Coincidental that it would have been the 60th birthday of lead singer Bon Scott.

Well done Kate. Problem is, you have to keep it up. Oh, and another thing. Whilst looking for articles to link I discovered that she's been in the competition for six weeks now.

4 comments:

Deanne said...

Hi! I've worked so hard not to blog my thoughts on It Takes Two. Then I came across your blog via The Australia Index (WA) and can't resist commenting. :-) Kate looked heaps more relaxed doing Long Way to the Top, like she was having a lot of fun. I'm still going for Mark and Rachel but I think Erica's voice is the best. Phew, glad that's off my chest. Cheers!

Hammy said...

Aren't you glad that you are no longer a closet-It-Takes-Two-Watcher? I thought Bevo was good. Richard Champion really puts in the effort. Mark is great. Kate has done one brilliant song. Simon tried hard but talked fast to try to make up for the lack of talent. And I should talk. Ha.

Mark and Bec to win. I don't know who he is but I thought that he was the professional and Bec was the celebrity. Well, after "Hey Dad!" who would take her seriously.

Poor Sarah. The less said the better.

Deanne said...

Lol, yeah, I feel much lighter now I don't have to lie about how I spend my Sunday nights. I think you're right about Simon. Mark plays Ric on Home & Away - which makes him Sally's/Kate Ritchie's foster son on the show. See what you've done? Now I'm admitting to all sorts of questionable viewing habits! Aargh.

Hammy said...

A veritable Pandora's box.