Saturday, June 03, 2006

Must Have Been "Bump Into People You Haven't Seen For Ages" Week

Bit freaky last week. On Saturday we went to Ikea and I bumped into somebody I'd met at uni who also had a child in the childcare centre. She's still at uni but doing another course now.

On Thursday night I was walking to the sports stadium for volleyball and there was a couple in front of me. The girl turned around and we instantly recognised each other - she's the daughter of one of my former workmates. The stadium is about 40 kms from her home so she's one of the last people I expected to see there. Great to catch up.

And yesterday I was heading to the markets when I bumped into the lady who held the reception job at Curtin Uni Childcare Centre for 20 years before retiring a year ago.

Did the planet just get a bit smaller or what?

No comments: