Saturday, November 26, 2005

Top Class Japanese Nosh

Just thought that I would tell you about the top class Japanese nosh that our friends in Nagasaki treated us to tonight. We went to Natsume Restaurant after sightseeing at the Peace Park and the Atomic Bomb Museum and the meal was in a tea drinking room.

Pretty much all we had consisted of tea, karasumi (mullet fish eggs) in radish, kai (scallops), sazae (a shell), ginko nuts, deep fried shrimp paste with bread crumbs, tamagoyaki (egg roll), sashimi and squid, miso soup, sharkfin and Japanese zucchini with a bit of steamed rice and mushrooms. I managed to get a photo of nearly everything before my battery ran out. I had put it to good use during the day so it wasn`t a complete disaster.

I afraid to ask how much it cost. But it was extremely well presented and appreciated, not to mention oishi (delicious).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch that waistline!

Joe said...

Sounds great. Remind me to look your friends up if I'm ever in Japan.

NewYorkMoments said...

So where are the pictures?

Hammy said...

Pictures will arrive when I get home. Don't have the opportunity to upload them so much on the run.