Monday, September 06, 2004

Fathers' Day

Breakfast in bed. What a delight. Pity that I didn't see any.

We decided to go roller skating. Mainly because I had a two-for-one voucher. Can't help being a frugal bastard. Yu-Jin was not impressed with the skates although he had been excited about going to the skating rink. All he wanted to do was go home.

I went for a few laps and then tried to get Yu-Jin onto the rink. Talk about bitching and screaming, foot stamping and hat throwing. Not impressed at all. It took an hour and fifteen minutes to convince him to go for a lap. I think the promise of going to McDonalds for a Happy Meal (TM) had much to do with the decision.

In the end he did a couple of laps all by himself. Didn't need to use the hand rail either. Didn't fall down. Wasn't skating too much though, just walking. I didn't hit the deck myself but crashed into the wall a couple of times. Might have to use the inline skates next time.

Lunch at McDonalds afterwards. One happy kid for how he enjoyed roller skating. Unbelievable. I new that it would be the way. As soon as we finished I new that Yu-Jin would want to continue. And that's the way it panned out.

No comments: