Friday, September 17, 2004

Conflict of Interest

As I was walking to the bus stop on Tuesday and passing the motel on Albany Highway, a lady stopped me and asked if there were any decent supermarkets nearby. I replied that Westfield Carousel was just down the road. She didn't know anything about Westfield Carousel. So I mentioned that there was a Coles and a Woolworths supermarket inside. Oh, yeah. There is an Action supermarket across the road from Westfield Carousel.

"What's Action?" she asked.
"It's owned by Foodland", I responded.

Then I told her about the Coles supermarket in a shopping centre that was a little bit closer. She thanked me for my help.

Did I mention the conflict of interest? I have shares in Coles Myer, Woolworths and Foodland. I may have been helping her out but I was due a share of the money that she spent. Not only am I careful about spending my money but where other people spend theirs as well.

No comments: