Friday, July 09, 2004

Silly Things To Fight For

The other day I saw a guy on TV and he was fighting for smokers' rights. I don't really believe that smokers ought to have rights but if you believe in something I accept and agree with standing up for it. Get this, the guy is a non-smoker.

No, I can't really work that one out either.

I guess it's a bit like a heterosexual fronting the Gay and Lesbian Rights fight. "Sticking Up" for the gays. Don't no where I stand on this issue. I have some friends who are gay and there is a fair degree of equality that is called for, but some things were just not meant to be. Didn't Rome fall into ruin once all of the senators turned gay? Just keep me out of it.

Could I mention vegens lobbying for McDonalds? Animal activists modelling fur? I guess that we are all hypocrites at some stage - it's just a matter of how much.

No comments: