Friday, July 16, 2004

Frugal Bastard Look

I must have had that look today. It's Friday and that means the fruit and vege run is on at the markets in Subiaco. First things first, I had to retrieve some money from the financial institution that I bank with.

There he was. Dressed in blue. With a slogan about saving a child. He looked at me and must have seen the Frugal Bastard look. He turned away and didn't ask me anything.

After removing money from the very polite ATM I traversed the same route in reverse. He saw me and didn't ask anything. Very interesting behaviour from someone who is involved in charity work. He did ask the cute blonde chick with expensive clothes in front of me but she turned him down. I thought that he would have had the innate ability to know that I had money in my pocket on the return journey.

Either I had the look or he's not cut out to be in the charity game.

No comments: