Sunday, January 06, 2008

Know Your Target Market - Wine International

One of the first elements of knowledge learnt during Marketing 100 was that you should know your market. Items like the age, gender, spending habits, income, etc. The other day I received some mail addressed to "Dear Lover of Fine Wines". At this point I thought that it might have been incorrectly addressed but they did have my name and address correct on the envelope. I liked the fact that they went on to ask me to fill in a survey, if I was over 18 years of age.

Hang on. They've already identified me a lover of fine wines. Gee, could I be a lover of fine wines but under the legal drinking age? Not the cleverest bit of marketing, methinks.

Wine International Mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They goofed up!! They want you to become an alcoholic!! Forget that if they can't even do an add right!!! ha ha Annette