Monday, May 30, 2005

The Happenings of This Weekend

Yu-Jin and one of his schoolmates went with me to a 5th birthday party on the weekend. It was held at the kindy and was pretty much an all boys affair. They had bikes and the playground to muck around on so it was good fun for them. It also gave me a chance to see how they, the kids, interact and I managed to catch up with a few of the parents that I wanted to have a chin wag with.


Paul's 5th Birthday Cake

Get a load of the cake!! It had monster's eyes, bugs and monkeys all over it and one of the boys couldn't keep his fingers out of it - before the candles had even been lit. I couldn't tell you what it tastes like as I was never offered a piece.

Yu-Jin and I had synchronised haircuts. Well, almost. His haircut started about 5 minutes before mine. Then we went to McDonalds for lunch. Mum stayed home and did some pattern making. We had a game of army men and it is nice to play games with my son that I used to play.

On Saturday nights they have the new series of Doctor Who and Yu-Jin can't wait for Saturday night to come around. And he differentiates between the old series and the new series. Frankly, it is a little difficult not too. The new series has special effects and only takes 45 minutes for a fast-paced episode. He enjoys both series though.

From four o'clock yesterday arvo I set a radio up outside to listen to the footy and did a bit more digging up of the backyard. Miky came and helped later on and Yu-Jin just ran about getting a mouthful of dirt and getting filthy dirty. He must have had a good time and wore himself out because he went to bed before tea time, whilst adding, "I'm just having a little sleep" and I couldn't rouse him come tea time. Man, the house was quiet. I even finished reading Sunday's paper - this Sunday's paper.


The Backyard Is Nearly Done

My mum thinks that I must be almost done too.

No comments: