Friday, May 07, 2004

Frugal Bastard or Stupid Bastard?

Just after finishing my shopping in Woolworths last night I noticed a woman drop $20 in the shopping centre. I picked up the money and raced after her to return it.
"That's our lotto money. Thanks."

Following in my Footsteps

I'm so proud of my sister-in-law. While waiting for the bus yesterday a 000 bus came along. You know, a special that no-one uses. The bus pulled up and the driver asked her to get on - without having to pay. Ah, a woman after my own heart.

Hypocrites?

One of the assignments that Miky has had to do for her Clothing Production (fashion design) course was to make a leather jacket. Students had to make the pattern, do the cutting and do the sewing. It was very hard work and quite expensive - around $120 for material alone. There were four girls who refused to do the assignment on the grounds that they were vegetarians. So that has raised the hackles of a few of the other students.

Now, the students are selling chocolates as a fund raising exercise as they have an expensive fashion show to put on at the end of the year. The same four vegetarians who didn't do the leather jacket assignment have decided not to sell chocolates. Instead, they conducted a SAUSAGE SIZZLE. A hypocritical exercise indeed, methinks.

No comments: