Thursday, November 22, 2007

Limericks

The boy's class is doing limericks at the moment. He, or his classmates, have come up with some beauties.

There once was a girl called Mary,
Whose body was incredibly hairy,
She called for a razor,
But should have used a laser,
'Coz she was as hairy as Hairy McLarey.

Ok, I changed the last line for him but it was pretty funny. When we went for a walk the other night he wanted me to make up a couple. So, off the top of my head here's what I came up with.

There was a young girl called Sinead,
Who got blown to bits by a grenade,
There was a great deal of muck,
She was eaten by a duck,
They buried the rest of her in the shade.

There was a young man called Nathan,
He was the bravest man in Bonython,
At the Great Lakes,
He wrestled with snakes,
Until one day he was swallowed by a python.

There was a young boy called Yu-Jin,
Who was really quite nasty and mean,
He'd cut up garden snails,
Mix them with neighbours' mails,
And do burn-outs in his limousine.

I'd like to share one of my favourite limericks that I heard many years ago.

There was an old lady from Kent,
Whose nose was incredibly bent,
One day they suppose,
She followed her nose,
Because nobody knows where she went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was an old man name Hammy
Who used to not give a dammy
but, he gained a great wife and mammy So now he gives a dammy!!! His son is great too, so keep up the good work Hammy!!! Annette Ps. WE celebrate Thanksgiving tommorow in the US. I just want to say I am thankful for your sight. You are a great guy!!! Good luck!!! P.s. You are still young though. I am old ha h aha

Anonymous said...

Here's one I made up in year 6;

There was a young man from Spain,
Who went to town on the train,
When he came back,
He was carrying a sack,
Which contained spare parts for his brain.

Hammy said...

You have hidden talent James. Very well hidden. He he.