Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wordplay

The boy had a bit of homework the other day involving opposites. There was a list of words and he had to find the opposites. Most of them involved adding the suffix 'un'. E.g. Hinge - unhinge, related - unrelated, real - unreal.

He asked me what the opposite of 'succeed' was. Now, I don't believe in turning him into a robot so of course I couldn't say 'fail', so I told him it was "suck". If you don't succeed then you suck. Makes sense doesn't it? I just hope he doesn't tell his teacher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you Hammy!! What is the word opposite for the name Hammy???

Susan Ham said...

You are living in fantasy land if you think a seven year old is not going to 'dob' on you!!You ONLY tell kids things you want the world to know!
Now, wipe the egg off your face.

tmz_99 said...

Wait till he discovers the word of prefixes.. :P