Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm a White Australian and in the Minority

I'm white. Have been all my life. Except when I was born and then I was probably a greyish colour. And apart from times that I've been sunburnt and I was more of a deep red colour. And not forgetting the times when I was younger and was around girls that I was attracted to and my skin went a blushing pinky hue. But, you get the picture.

White Australians. We're supposed to be the majority. It's why we had the White Australia Policy - so that Green Day wouldn't have to sing about us. I found out recently that I am part of the minority - or so I thought. Honda has a new slogan which I thought was "8 out of 10 people who test drive a Honda buy one". We test drove a Honda Jazz just over two and a half years ago. Nice, zippy little car but we didn't buy one. Ended up getting the world's favourite car, a Toyota Corolla, instead.

The actual slogan relates to a Honda Civic, not the Jazz, so it would appear that I'm not in the minority after all. Just sadly mistaken. Perhaps I do belong in the majority.

8 out of 10 people who test drive a Civic buy one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You belong. It is not the color of your skin but the content of your character. Everyone bleeds red. Have a nice evening!! Hondas are good cars.

Susan Ham said...

As a matter of fact, you were a very normal pink.The doctor and I would have been very concerned if you had not been.