Monday, April 12, 2010

Taekwondo Grading

Yesterday I attended my third grading for taekwondo. Luckily it wasn't a hot day as you have no opportunity to rest or take a drink but it's all over in 10 to 15 minutes anyway. My partner for the grading was Steven, a yellow three (seventh geup) whom I'd not met previously, who was grading for his blue belt. I was a yellow two (eighth geup) going for yellow three.

Only five weeks after learning my second pattern I thought I did rather well and considering that I was invited to grade after having only learnt it for three weeks and then had a week off for Easter it wasn't too bad at all. Much easier than learning the first pattern which took about three months.

I scored a 70 for my self defence and that was probably my most worrying technique to be honest. It was also my highest score but I'm pretty pleased with my pass. Now I have to concentrate on a new pattern and remember taeguk 2 (the second pattern) to get to blue belt. Maybe another 12 months down the track I can go for red belt but there is still much to learn. And I'm enjoying learning it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo. Great job. Take care now!!

James said...

Only 10 to 15 min to achieve your next grade??