Monday, April 19, 2010

We Have A Squatter

Squatter - noun. (in Britain) a person who occupies property or land to which he has no legal title [Source - Collins English Dictionary]. It's also a board game which was quite popular when I was a kid. That's last century folks.

We have a squatter. At least in the sense of British usage of the word. The dictionary goes on to say in Australia it refers to a person who occupies a tract of land, especially pastoral land, as tenant of the Crown.

I was sitting at the computer last night when I noticed a pair of antennae poking out from inside the printer. That was rather unusual and so I grabbed my camera. Couple of photos of our uninvited housemate are below. He's not really attractive but he is pretty big. Damn I love the fact that my camera can take some decent photos. Now, if you're not too squeamish....

Cockroach in the printer.

Cockroach

Cockroach close up.

6 comments:

Susan Ham said...

I do HATE these critters. Ugh!!It is NOT an indication of poor hose keeping either. Rather, the reverse.They like clean places, so I am told.

Hammy said...

I keep my hoses outside. And The Boy pointed out that the cockroach is not a person so he doesn't fit the British usage of the word squatter.

Iris Flavia said...

Eeeeek, that´s HUGE!!!!
These are times I am thankful I live in cold ole Germany!!!

Anonymous said...

He is looking for crumbs in all the wrong places!!

Susan Ham said...

Did it finish up as ant food?

Hammy said...

I couldn't catch the, um, little bugger otherwise he may well have been ant food.