Tuesday, September 02, 2008

More Fireworks Than The Beijing Olympics

Last night was bulgogi night. I know what you're thinking, it's wasn't Sunday so old Frugal has flipped. Well, instead of going out for lunch on Sunday we decided to go, by all accounts, the best pasta restaurant in Perth, Spaghi. They don't accept bookings so you need to queue. Luckily we went straight in. They may be the best pasta restaurant in Perth but I don't think much of paying $19 for lasagne and not receiving any garnish. Just a big lump of lasagne, not all that big either, and nothing else? You must be kidding me. Miky's chicken and pasta was very nice however.

Anyway, back to the story. I was cooking the bulgogi in our electric frypan when there came about more fireworks than at the Beijing Olympics. The extension cable exploded. Twice. That was pretty interesting. I switched it off and disconnected it before feeling the cable. It was pretty warm in one spot and that's when I discovered a blackened hole. Closer inspection revealed a short between active and neutral. Amazingly the fuse didn't blow. I was able to plug in a heavy duty extension cable and continue cooking. Hmm, that cable was very old and only light duty. Luckily nobody was hurt. It's now in the bin after cutting the leads off.

Exploding extension cable










6 comments:

Susan Ham said...

Why would you need an extension cable to be able to cook anything?

David (Staypuff) said...

That looks like the work of a certain rabbit!

Anonymous said...

Bad rabbit, make stew for dinner now. Good choice on the Italian food. Yummy. Now have a good week!! Annette

Hammy said...

The cable that came with the frypan is a little too short. That's why.

James said...

Don't you have an RCD on your house, Hammy. That should have tripped straight away with a fault like that.

Hammy said...

Plain old wire fuses old buddy.