Friday, January 26, 2007

Just Once I'd Like To Hear...

Just once I'd like to hear an actor say, "I read the script and I thought to myself, 'What is this crap? Who wrote this rubbish? I'll still do the movie to show everyone that I can act and I'll save the movie.'" I'd much rather hear that than the cliched, "I read the script and loved it. I knew that I had to do this movie."

Last night we watched History of Violence starring Viggo Mortensen. A very powerful movie with great acting and a terrific story line. It wasn't a typical Hollywood movie in that there was just enough dialogue and the viewer is left to think about the sub-plots themselves. I enjoy movies like that more than having anything and everything explained to me.

We enjoyed it so much that we watched all of the extras on the DVD which is something almost never done in our household. Great movie.

No comments: