Monday, October 23, 2006

$40 Idiot

The idiocy of people continues to amaze me. I went to a hole-in-the-wall to withdraw some money on Saturday and could have withdrawn money without even having to use my card. There was $40 sitting there waiting to be taken. I yelled out, "Excuse me, mate!" to the guy who had just used the ATM but I didn't get his attention until I yelled, "Oi!!" He then came looking and I told him to take his money.

How can you go to an ATM to remove money and not take the money with you? What was he thinking? And just how long would it have been before he realised?

Is this the future of our country?

3 comments:

Joe said...

I think that if most people are as honest as you, Hammy, the country is in fine hands.

Hammy said...

Aw shucks, Joe. I wouldn't have said that. He he.

Anonymous said...

His mind was definately NOT on the job in hand.