Monday, September 18, 2006

Tax Time - Fun Fun Fun

I took half a days annual leave today just to do my tax. Left work at lunch time and just sat in the car for a while near the accountant's office reading my computer mag. There were a couple of good number plates in the parking lot at the train station.

B AMAZ3D - Classy plate.

JANARI - Typical Strine pronunciation of January.

YMMOT - It took me a while but I reckon this guy is called Tommy.

Miky and Yu-Jin joined me later so that we could do Miky's tax return also. Bit of a mess that. And so was I after I received the bill. Bit of a shock to the system. Miky's return was classified as a business return and mine had capital gains tax. It didn't matter that the same accounting package was used to prepare both of our tax returns but they classified them according to the content and charged accordingly. We went to McDonalds afterwards and had a snack. Yu-Jin had a swimming lesson to attend afterwards and he wolfed down a burger.

SMART AZ - Smart as or smart arse?

I went for a quick drive past my old flat in Maylands before taking the boy to the swimming pool. Parked just down from the place where I used to live was the car pictured below. To be fair I do believe that it had a sticker reporting it as stolen but it makes you wonder about the area.

Don't leave your car parked in Maylands.

3 comments:

Bar Bar Butt said...

Hey, Hammy, I've been a big fan of yours and david's for quite some time now. I've decided to roll up my sleeves and jump in head first and start my own blog--check in out. It's at--staypufff.blogspot.com. I know the title might sound suspect, but I think it's flattering.

Anonymous said...

Why haven't your latest postings shown up on the blogspot? They are in my email, so why not here? Is Blogger playing silly buggers again?

Hammy said...

There it are. Yes, I know what you mean. If I publish using Avant Browser instead of Mozilla sometimes it takes several hours before it is posted. Don't ask me why.