Friday, September 15, 2006

Let Your Endorphins Run Free, People

I didn't get to go for a walk this morning as I had a late night and the dishes were still waiting for me. Unfortunately they hadn't done themselves overnight. The boy had a lunch order today so I wasn't required to make his lunch. So, I thought to myself, why not ride my bike for 15 mins to the post office?

Being a bit unfit and not taking into account the time spent waiting for traffic lights it took closer to 20 mins. Bit of fire in the legs was experienced and shortness of breath. Once I was home though and had finished breakfast I felt great. The body's metabolism works 40% better if you exercise prior to breakfast, so I'm told, therefore it should really help for keeping weight off.

Perhaps the ol' bod released lots of endorphins as although the legs were a bit like jelly during the ride overall I felt fabulous. I heartily recommend letting your endorphins have their freedom. It helps when the day is going to be a sunny 27 degrees also.

No comments: