Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Worry About The Diet Of Our Local Snails

Early morning walk was taken by myself this morning. It had been wet overnight and the snails were out in force. I must have killed at least 40 to 50 of them. But I do worry about their diet. Perhaps there isn't enough calcium in the food that they consume. The reason for my concern is that only one or two snails gave a decidedly large crunch when stepped upon. A great number of them just squished with no discernable crunch. The protection provided by their shells was negligible and inadequate.

Locals, please feed your snails properly so that I get an enjoyable crunching noise when I squash the little bastards. Make my life a bit more enjoyable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did it occur to you, that the reason they were on the concrete was so they could ingest some calcium? Yuk, Yuk!