Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Weird Sun Greets The Day

As I left my abode this morn I was struck by a sense of the strange. The light outside was somewhat weird. One glance at the most approximate star revealed a strange orange glow and then my sense of smell informed me that a nearby fire was responsibility for the unusual light conditions. One comandeered the best camera within near possession and photographed the item for posterity. And I thought that it might make reasonable blog material. The photo doesn't do it justice though. Almost looked like we were in a third world or heavily industrialised country overcome by pollution.

Strange glow of the morning sun

Bit of a weird feeling ensued upon the sight of this mornings sun.

Spooky, huh?

Turns out that there were a couple of bushfires south of the city responsible for the smoke and haze conditions.

ABC Online article.
WA Today article.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a huge alien's cigarette!!!