Sunday, December 28, 2008

Don't Race A Dog At Night Time In Unfamiliar Territory On Undulating Land

We spent the afternoon with some good friends in Rockingham yesterday. Lots of time chatting, mucking about in the pool all followed by a lovely BBQ tea. Just before 9pm we took the four dogs that were in the house at the time for a walk. I had Bonnie on a leash and started to jog with her. Bonnie likes a run and took off. Well, me being the competitive idiot that I am raced her. In the dark. On an unbeknowngst undulating bit of land. As I was passing her I went to take the next step and the land wasn't there as it had dropped a bit. When me leg did touch down it was knee first on a brick paver. And so lots of skin was removed.

My skinned knee. Did a good job, eh?

After we arrived home we put Dettol on it. I was surprised that it didn't sting. And we weren't game to bandage it last night in case the bandage became part of the wound. I'm guessing that it'll be a few days before it scabs over properly and just that bit longer before I race a dog at nighttime in unfamiliar territory on undulating land.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH DAMN be more careful. You could get an infection and lose your knee. Annette P.S. Shame on you!!

Anonymous said...

If you get an infection, you won't just lose your knee, mate. Nasty that.

Hammy said...

It seems to be doing alright at the moment. Bit manky though.

Anonymous said...

Sports is one thing but, damn man you are way too macho like a Viking or something. I know like in "Monty Python's Holy Grail" "it is just a flesh wound" YOUCH

Susan Ham said...

Funny you should mention Vikings. He is descended from the Danish Vikings.

Anonymous said...

He sure proves it with his actions. Be more careful Hammy we know you are strong,fit and tough. You don't have to lose your leg to prove it lol

Hammy said...

I'll keep that in mind for next time I feel like being macho.