Saturday, June 26, 2010

North Korea Broadcast World Cup Live

What a momentous occasion it must have been recently for North Korea to broadcast the match against Portugal live to its people. Something that had not been done before when the team was playing abroad. I guess after the honourable loss to Brazil, 2-1, they felt that they had a chance against a, it must be said, pathetic (at least against Cote d'Ivoire) Portugal. Even I thought they were a dumb chance.

Not so. Scoreline reads 7-0. Can you imagine what what the Dear Leader, Kim Jong-il, was thinking as the Portuguese slammed on three goals in a seven minute period? I reckon he would have thought about halting the broadcast. Here's what I think the justification would have been.

"We apologise for this break in transmission. We will return you to your normal propaganda as soon as possible."

우리는 전송이 휴식 대해 사과드립니다. 우리는 당신의 정상적인 선전에 가능한 빨리 당신을 반환합니다.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree.