Friday, November 07, 2008

Now I Know Why Farmers Hate Rabbits

We have discovered why farmers hate rabbits. It's because they dig holes. Now, Stew has a perfectly decent hutch to live in but he's decided to dig a burrow, it's taken him about eight months to think about it, underneath my shed. I'm going to have to put a stop to it. Last night when I went outside to photograph his paw-work I caught him in the act.


Stew caught in the act extending his burrow beneath my shed

Stew Rabbit caught in the act.

Stew's handiwork, or paw-work, beneath my shed.

Stew's hiding spot at the back fence.

Stew has started digging elsewhere in the garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is time to cook Stew for dinner lol Annette

Anonymous said...

Are his days numbered?

Hammy said...

I installed some metal sheeting behind the shed after filling in the hole today. He had another go at digging a burrow but gave up when he reached the metal. I'll give him a stay of execution.