Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Last Day Of School Holidays

Monday was the last day of school holidays. I didn't have a break from work but seeing as the missus works on the first day back, and it is a pupil-free day for teacher training, I got to babysit. And there is no way I'm going to sit around at home and have The Boy drive me nuts. That's what the weekends are for.

Up early so I could go to the chiropractor. Then I took him to an even more exciting place - a hobby shop. Looks like I might just have to get him a racing car set after that visit. Then we tootled off down to the cinema to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He's read the books and the trailer looked alright. Very enjoyable movie. Suited to tweens, 10-12 year olds, and reasonably funny. I'm glad I went. Then it was off to the supermarket for a bit of shopping and home to make homemade subway-style sandwiches. Yum.

To round off the excitement we worked on his school project, a solar boat, before playing computer games and going to taekwondo training. Quite a busy day actually. If only I could organise myself at work that well.

2 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds like a great day - and left me hungry for a Sub!

Anonymous said...

Me too. I am back. I was in the Orient. Great food and you know. Gil