Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I Wish Newsreaders Would Check Their Stories

Whilst driving on Sunday we had the news on the radio. The newsreader informed us, at a tick after 12pm, that Australia, playing in the ICC Champions Trophy, had had a light training run this morning. Well, seeing as the Champions Trophy was being played in South Africa, and the fact that South Africa is six hours behind Perth, I seriously doubt that the Aussies had had a training run already.

I don't blame the newsreader entirely, as it is most likely that he didn't write the material, but think about what you are saying. If he read it again at the next news bulletin then he deserves some stick.

As George W Bush once said, "There's an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee too. Fool me once, shame on, shame on... you. A fooled man can't get fooled again."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meet the new boss same as the old boss. Don't get fooled again.