Thursday, February 17, 2011

How To Get Rid Of A Telemarketer - Lesson No. 2

The phone rang about 5:30 or 6 tonight. I answered in a posh English accent. The lady on the other end introduced herself as Paula and asked me how I was.

"I'm fine Paula. Thank you for asking. And how are you?"

She responded with an English accent herself, which wasn't obvious at the start of the call. Catching, eh? Paula explained that it wasn't a sales call but she was just ringing to give some advice.

"Are you a working homeowner?" she enquired.

"Oh, no. I'm not," was my reply. You see, I'd finished work for the day so didn't consider myself to be a working homeowner.

"Are you retired?" she asked.

"Retired for the day. Thank you. Bye."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff. Poor telemarketers that job must suck. Don't they have a no call list you can get on like we do here in the US? Gil

Iris Flavia said...

Well done! :-)