Monday, September 12, 2011

Pretty Successful Weekend - Includes Taekwondo Grading

The weekend just past was pretty good. Friday night kicked off with taekwondo and the first of the AFL finals for the year. Great game between Geelong and Hawthorn. Finals footy is the way it should be played and the way it should be umpired.

On the Saturday I did my normal taekwondo trainng and shopping. Watched a bit of footy as well.

Sunday morning I had taekwondo grading. I'd have to say that it was the most fulfilling grading I've done and I reached red belt three (1st geup). Pretty pleased with my performance but still have quite a bit of improvement to do to prepare for my black belt grading. Practice, practice, practice!


Back home in time for meat pies and potato chips and the start of the blockbuster 1st elimination final between Essendon and Carlton. Almost all over by the end of the first quarter and certainly over by half time. Those damn Blues blew away my Bombers. Bastards!! They played much better and deserved the win.

Full time in the footy meant time to mow the back lawn and do some edging followed by cutting up of the palm trees that I chopped down two weekends ago. My blisters had healed enough for me to make another attempt at cleaning up the front yard before the greens collection in a few weeks time. I spent two hours cutting up the trees but it was worth the effort as the front yard looks much better.

After a wash up, well, a shower, we went out for tea to Phill Bean in Shelley. It's a newish Korean restaurant. Man, I tell you, the food is great. It's not expensive but it is very cosy so I can see why you generally need to book. Loved the food and will definitely return.

If it hadn't been for my footy team losing it would have been close to a perfect weekend.

8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds like a truly packed weekend! Though I´ve never been to a Korean restaurant (do we have one here???), I´m hungry now...

shahanara said...

Nice post and good info.Thanks!!

Hammy said...

Iris - I couldn't find any Korean restaurants in your area. You're missing out. Come back to Perth and we'll take you out.

Shahanara - thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Wow a red belt? Kudos. You really have it made there. You have a wonderful family, live the good life and have a beautiful wife. I hope today is fun too. Gill

James said...

Thought you'd be used to Essendon losing by now ;)
Hot pies, get your hot pies here :D

Hammy said...

I think I've just been spammed. Who is this James character?

Sad James :( said...

Pffffft! Surely you have not forgotten me already :'(

Hammy said...

Not forgotten James. Just trying to play down the Collingwood propaganda.